Mix up the typcial Turkey-Day with Mushroom Pizza Bites!
This is one of my "go to" appetizer recipes and is a great way to mix up the Thanksgiving spread. Not only is it easy, but it's also on the healthier side of the spectrum...Win win! Really want to knock your guests socks off? Pair it with your favorite Pale Ale or IPA. I'm on a Lagunitas kick myself...A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' to be exact...Mmmmm....
What You'll Need
- 8oz Medium to Large whole mushrooms - you can use white or brown, whichever you have access to
- Sauce of choice - Marinara, pesto, or even Alfredo works
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of choice - mini pepperoni (shown here), black olives, even ham and pineapple works!
How You'll Make Them
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Take the stems off the mushrooms. I just snap them right off. If needed, rinse mushrooms, but these were Clean and Ready, so there was no need.
- With a butter knife or spoon, put a small amount of sauce in the underside of the mushroom cap. It was about half a teaspoon.
- Sprinkle a pinch of grated mozzarella cheese over the sauce and place a few toppings on each mushroom.
- Place on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Serve warm and with your favorite Pale Ale or IPA
Get more ways to "WOW" your guests with the entire Mushroom Pairing Guide. Click HERE to download.
Thank you to Monterey Mushrooms for the yummy Baby Bella Mushrooms pictured here!