House Guests...Holiday Must Read
I'm fortunate to be hosting one of my FAVORITE out of town cousins for Thanksgiving this year. Don't worry, I won't offend anyone by stating this. My cousin Sara is only a month younger than me and we've been great friends our whole life. We can go months without talking or seeing each other and when we get together, it's like a day never passed. She recently moved to Elk Grove and she'll be staying with us Thursday night. I'm so excited! Lucky for me, Magnolia Magazine's premier issue had just the inspiration for me to get the room ready for my guest.
Here are my take aways:
1. Get extra essentials, in case they forget something
- Toothpaste, razor, q-tips, deodorant, Tums, contact solution, mouth wash, etc.
2. Think about what you would want, if you were in a "different" place, late night
- Snacks, water, sweets, wi-fi
3. Clean, but not crazy
- Clean sheets, clean towels, no dust, but don't sweat the small stuff
4. Something a little special
- I went with a white rose and some trimming from my orange tree. Smells DELISH!
Thanks Magnolia Magazine for the inspiration! May as well leave my copy with the warm welcome, so if they can't sleep, there's good reading material.